WE ARE NOW OPEN!
The last few months have been a difficult and scary time for many. We understand and share the concerns our patients have about leaving their homes, especially for a dental procedure. We want to assure you that the health and safety of anyone who enters our clinics is our number one priority. Our communities rely on us as an important part of their healthcare team and we take that responsibility very seriously. It is our privilege to help you smile and keep you healthy.
Our team is now reaching out to patients who have had to cancel their appointments due to the shut down as well as patients who are currently scheduled in the upcoming months to confirm new appointments that promote social distancing mandates and protect our most vulnerable. Our new scheduling options are designed to address individual oral healthcare needs and maintain a safe and sterile environment.
You can find out more information on what changes we have made to ensure the clinic is safe for every appointment below:
Doing Our Part
Before your next appointment be sure to fill out our Covid-19 Screening Questionnaire.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you all soon.
Doing our Part to Stop the Spread
Our clinics are following rigorous protocols to ensure we are doing our part to help stop the spread of Covid-19. Please see below for some of the measures we are taking:
- Screening questions: This will ensure that everyone entering the clinic is feeling their best. We will ask you some questions 1 week before your appointment and reconfirm your answers when you arrive at our clinic in case things have changed but also complete a temperature check to make sure you do not have a fever.
- Mask required (in Ontario clinics): Patients will be asked to wear a mask in our clinic until they arrive in their treatment room.
- Waiting area is closed: This will ensure everyone’s safety by remaining 6 feet apart and help keep our clinic sanitized. Only patients with an appointment will be allowed in (other than guardian or person requiring special assistance).
- Additional Personal Protective Equipment for staff: Even though you will not be able to see it, we will still be smiling behind our masks. For our safety and yours, we will be wearing extra personal protective equipment for all procedures.
- Hand washing upon entry: We will be asking all patients that enter our clinic to head straight to the restroom to wash their hands. This, along with all the other precautions, will help stop the spread of viruses.
- Sterilization: Dental clinics are already well equipped to deal with infection control, probably one of the more sterile environments you can visit. Infection control, safety and health are our top priority. However, we are taking increased precautions to keep you and your family safe during these troubling times and are happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have.
We will be increasing the frequency of sanitization for all surfaces and equipment in public areas for increased precautions.
- Personal space: Patients will be escorted in our office once their room is sanitized and ready. This will make sure that you will not be around any other patients and everyone keeps a safe distance.
- Cashless: We would prefer debit or credit cards as methods of payment but will still accept cash if need be..
- Air purifiers: We have upgraded our air filtration systems to allow for even better air purification. Each operatory has their own HEPA air purifier that is on at all times to reduce exposure to aerosols.
- Appointment spacing: Appointments will be spaced out to allow for limited contact between patients and extra time for additional cleaning practices.
- Appointment Bookings: These new protocols mean we will not be able to see as many patients in a day as we used to. We ask you to please be patient and understand we might not be able to see you the same day or week.
- Senior or “high risk” patients: We will be prioritizing for our first appointments of the day will be given to our most vulnerable populations.
- Front Line Workers: We understand that front line workers are currently required to work long hours and shift work, which might mean they have less flexibility for health-related appointments of their own. We will support these essential workers by giving them as much flexibility as possible to be able to make it to their appointment. This might mean that we kindly request other patients so move their appointment to another time so we can see them when they are available in some cases.
- Employee screening: We are screening each employee at the start of every shift along with a temperature check to make sure they are feeling 100%. We are also asking our employees to stay home if they or someone in their household do not feel well.